Wow....Just, WOW!

The Missionary - Jack Wilder

For the record I have read two books by Jasinda Wilder and I was mildly impressed. I read this book not because Jack is her husband, but because I was intrigued by the blurb and I really liked the cover....and guess what? Jack NAILED it!!

This isnt my first rodeo when it comes to reading about human trafficking/sex slavery. Its a gritty subject and some cannot handle it. In my opinion, this is one of the better written books that deal with this subject matter. Sadly, human trafficking is a harsh reality of the world we live in and The Missionary exposes how scary real it is.

The writing is fast paced and superbly executed. Basically, it kicked ass!! I was on the edge of my seat and totally engrossed. While the story may be a bit far fetched-  I was so invested, I didnt care. Plus, we are talking about a ex- Navy SEAL...so, who the hell am I to say what they are capable of?

Now to the players....Stone and Wren (love these names!!). Stone is smoking. Good God, he is an ex-Navy SEAL for f-s sake...'Nuff said!! You cant go wrong with that. He's stoic and totally loveable for the beginning.Wren is a typical college student looking to do some good in this world and things go terribly, terribly wrong.

A few things that I liked the most about this story was by far the vivid descriptions of Manila, Philippines and the surrounding area. He must of spent a ton of time researching and developing and it absolutely comes across to the reader. Kudos!!

Stone & Wren's love story.  He developed their romance in a real, unforced way. The moments they were together were raw, sensual and heartfelt. He wove the romance in nicely with the rest of the action packed, scary as all hell story. I felt their love and their desperation...

The saddest part of the entire story was actually when it ended and I read the authors note...The reality that over 21 million people are enslaved around the world, meaning that there are more slaves today than at any other time in our history. That shit is scary real. The numbers and statistics are staggering. And like Jack said, take time to be the difference.

This is a must read!!