Arsen - Mia Asher I am so totally confused- I have no idea how to rate this story. I don't even think I can. I loved it, I hated it. Parts of it didn't make any sense. I pretty much hated Cathy the entire time- she is such a head case for most of the book that I got angry just reading her thoughts. Arsen wasn't lovable until the very end and then I even question that. It was really hard for me to believe that at 23 Arsen is capable of empathizing and grasping how truly devastating a miscarriage can be. Im just really at a loss for words.
When we got glimpses of Ben and Cathy's past it was easy to see that even then Cathy was insecure and immature. Who dances with her boyfriends best friend just to make him jealous? If she was 15 I would understand. I want to shake her and tell her to grow up. It's like she never grasped how lucky she was to have Ben, who is so completely in love with her, even back then. At times she just seems utterly self absorbed as if she is the only one hurting and experiencing loss. Hello? What about Ben?
I don't think there is ever a real reason given for Cathy cheating- other than she just does. She is totally shut down and needs professional help, like pronto! And that's when she becomes kinda creepy obsessed with Arsen. The sex between them really made want to throw up in my mouth because I really didn't like either of them. Like. At.all! It all felt so dirty.

Throughout the book Ben was the voice of reason. Finally he said everything I was hoping he would. He was totally lovable. In a nutshell: Cathy made me want to stick needles in my eyes most of the time. Arsen didn't have very many qualities that would make him endearing at any level. The story overall was interesting and well... I guess that's the best I can do. Maybe 2-4 stars? This book will make you feel one way or another.