Out of Breath (Breathing, #3) - Rebecca Donovan This is a hard one for me to review. At times, especially the beginning and some of the middle- I thought it was a 3 star read, then towards the end it picked up to a 4 star. Ultimately I'll go with a 3.5 star. There is no question that this book should have been out a good 6-8 months ago...the wait for this book was beyond ridiculous. In all honesty, I forgot most of the second book by the time this came out, so for most of it I was trying to remember all the things that lead up to why Emma was acting the way she was. I just think its terrible to start a series and have really long breaks in between books- the audience can lose interest or forget. The POV changes were done in a really odd manner- Evan in italics. It just was more confusing than anything else. What probably frustrated me the most is there were a bunch of inconsistent actions throughout the book- Emma hated that her mother drank but suddenly became this closet drunk- huh? Everyone babied her and gave her a pass to act out. Yes, she is clearly struggling but why not get her some real help instead of treat her like this fragile breakable doll? I just didn't get it. Not to mention the whole Jonathan thing- what was that all about?? It seemed like that was just thrown in to fill the pages. I had more questions than answers with that one. This was just one big disappointment.