Avoiding Responsibility - K.A. Linde I was so excited to read this book!! The first quarter of it I was seriously doubting my excitement level. I get the whole pull that Jack has over Lexi-PRE-ENGAGEMENT- but I seriously was just getting flat out annoyed with Lexi and her borderline skank/ridiculous behavior. I was praying for her "AH-HA" moment. In the beginning she reminded me of that friend that keeps talking and complaining about the same thing and never wants to listen to anyone’s advice so finally you get so annoyed with her that you just don’t want to talk to her or hear about it anymore. That's where I was with Lexi- I was screaming "ENOUGH ALREADY!" Enough about not wanting to hear about the wedding, enough with this pull that Jack has on you...ENOUGH... WE ALL GET IT! Pull yourself together!! I had to double check how old she was because it seriously felt to me like she was acting like a skanky 20 year old. In the span of two books she slept with how many guys? 5? Not that there is anything wrong with that...but it was clear she had some needy issues. And then FINALLY she snapped the hell out of it. I don’t want to give anything away, but for me everything came together nicely. The beginning of the book I wanted to give it 3.5 stars, but by the end I am happy to give it 4-4.5 stars. There are some editing issues throughout the book- but nothing too major. I also enjoy K.A.'s writing style..its refreshing.
I will be reading book 3 and I hope Lexi goes through a nice change, making her a stronger woman.